MACHU PICCHU TOUR BY CAR 2 DAYS
- DETAILLS -
Machu Picchu Tour By Car is a good alternative to the limitations of transport to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, it’s actually a new path to Machu Picchu which doesn’t depend on the availability of the train. This path is full of beautiful scenery in a changing geography, where you can experience unforgettable adventures with many types of climates. By taking this route you will be contributing to the development of new towns in extreme poverty that have recently been engaging in the tourism sector which constitutes an axis of work and social development.
In Peru and in South America, there are few places that offer you magic and the special connection with nature and archeology. The first step in Machu Picchu, you feel that it is a true wonder. One of the most important reasons to realize how impressive nature and the apus were at the time of making their constructions. Nature and history together to surprise us It was a place that was kept hidden from the view of the Spaniards, so it was an untouched wonder until Hiram Bingham arrived and told the world that here in Cusco, was the most important architectural work of the Incas.
The Abra Malaga is a mountain pass that lies between the town of Ollantaytambo and Quillabamba, through unique Andean ecosystems. This path contains two types of well-defined areas: The Abra (4,297 m) and the lower part (Carrizales 3,245 m). The birds that you’ll observe are rare and highly sought after.
In Santa Teresa there are thermal baths: Cocalmayo, composed of 3 pools of different sizes, temperatures and depth. You can also do adventure sports like rafting, kayaking and zip line.
Machu Picchu is one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, Heritage of Humanity, Historical Sanctuary of Peru and probably the most important archaeological site in Latin America.
Machu Picchu es majestic architecture comprises 140 structures throughout the citadel.
Machu Picchu was built by the Inca Pachacutec around the year 1460.
After being forgotten, it was only in 1911 that the American Hiram Bingham reached Machu Picchu on an expedition and spread the site worldwide.
Its main buildings of Machu Picchu are the Intihuatana, the Temple of the Sun and the Temple of the Three Windows.
In 1913 it received worldwide attention when the National Geographic Society dedicated its entire print run in April to the newly rediscovered city.
DAY 1 - CUSCO - SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
This wonderful excursion begins with pick up from your hotel at 7:30 am to head to the town of Ollantaytambo, where we will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the area. From Ollantaytambo we’ll take the road that will take us to the "Abra Málaga" (4.316msnm) of this place, we can see some of the most impressive landscapes of the Andes that Peru has to offer. After a brief stop to take pictures of the stunning snowcapped mountains located next to the road, we begin our descent into the thick jungle, through the different micro-climates, resulting from the union of the mountains and jungle. The route continues through the village of Alfamayo until we reach the town of Santa Maria, from this place we will go to the village of Santa Teresa where we will have lunch. If you wish after lunch we can go to the medicinal thermal baths of Cocalmayo.
At 3:45 pm, we will go to the train station of the hydroelectric plant. In this place we’ll begin the trek to the village of Aguas Calientes, where we will have dinner and spend the night in a hotel chosen for you. If you want you can go for a relaxing swim in the healing thermal waters of the town.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
At 4:00 am you’ll have breakfast in the hotel, then we’ll start our climb to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, the tour lasts about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or you can opt to go to the citadel by bus (Optional bus $16 each way). On reaching the Citadel you can appreciate the enigmatic beauty an incomparable sample of architectural perfection and hydraulics of one of the 7 wonders of the modern world, you’ll take a guided tour of about 2 hours, where we can appreciate the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, Intihuatana (sundial), The Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and Cemetery, then you will be given free time to stroll through the citadel. They will have all morning to Machu Picchu to take pictures and enjoy this mystical place. At about 11:30 am we’ll descend from the mountain to the town of Aguas Calientes, where you can have lunch in peace.
At 13:15 AM we’ll take the train back to the hydroelectric plant, here we’ll get aboard the bus to take us back to Santa Teresa and then to Cusco, we’ll arrive in Cusco at approximately 9:30 pm.
- Tourist Transport Cusco – Hydroelectric Train station - Cusco.
- 01 night at Basic Hostel (private bathroom, 24 hours hot water, free luggage storage).
- 01 lunch (day 01), 1 dinner (day 1), 1 breakfast (Day 2).
- Entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Guide (English / Spanish)
- Breakfast on the first day
- Final lunch and dinner.
- Huayna Picchu (US$25.00) or Machu Picchu Mountain (US$20.00) – if you want it
- Train ticket Hydroelectrica - Aguas Calientes - Hydroelectrica
- Transport: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Hot springs (US$7.00)
- Excess baggage charges
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages or snacks
- Phone calls/Radio calls or messages
- Travel Insurance
- Tips (the amount you tip (or if you tip) is a personal decision and it is NOT an obligation.
WHAT TO BRING
- Use sneakers or jogging shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Wear waterproof clothing during the rainy season.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Swimsuit, shorts, towel and sandals, if you want to visit the thermal baths
- Flashlight, should you decide to go up to Machu Picchu at dawn.
- A rain poncho.
- Long pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Medication and / or personal items.
- A light backpack per person.
- Camera or camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins dollars, euros or soles.
List of objects to take to the tour.
This tour leaves every day of the year.
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ --.00 3 - 4 $ --.00 5 - 7 $ --.00 8 - More $ --.00
Get On Touch