HUMANTAY LAKE HIKE FULL DAY
- DETAILLS -
The Humantay Lake Trek Full Day Route is a new route we offer, this trail is a part of the famous Salkantay to Machu Picchu route, While gazing at unbelievable turquoise water, you will have opportunity to appreciate beautiful and unique landscapes of the Peruvian Andes during our hike from Soraypampa to Humantay Lake.
Latin America is recognized worldwide for the diversity and natural beauty that are hidden within countries like Peru. An unparalleled adventure destination is Cusco, which guards the Salkantay Mountain route, an attraction that moves with the beautiful landscapes and keeps years of history.
The Humantay lagoon is sheltered by the mountains of Salkantay and Humantay, at 4,300 m.s. It is located in the Vilcabamba mountain range in southern Peru. This lagoon formed by the thaw of the Humantay mountain presents a unique and incomparable landscape with its turquoise waters. The Humantay lagoon is part of the route from the Salkantay mountain to Machu Picchu, you can access walking besides it lends itself to some other camping activities. The lagoon is visited by shamans and tourists from around the world to leave offerings to the Pachamama, deity that represents Mother Earth in the Inca culture.
- Meals - 1 breakfast, 1 lunch,
- Overall Difficulty - Moderate
- STARTING POINT: - Cusco at your hotel
HUMANTAY LAKE FULL DAY
PICK UP: 5:00 am fron your hotel in Cusco
SHUTTLE TO TRAIL HEAD: 3 hour drive from Cusco
HIKING MILEAGE: 12 km / 7.5 ml
HUMANTAY LAKE ELEVATION: 4200 m / 137779 ft
RETURN IN CUSCO: 7:30 pm
We will leave Cusco approximately at 5:00 a.m. A bus will take us to the town of Mollepata (2900 meters above sea level) where we will arrive approximately at 7:30 in the morning, where you will have the chance to enjoy a delicious andean breakfast. After an hour aprox in Mollepata. we continue in the same car to the Trail head in Challacancha. Around 9:30 a.m. we will start our trek to Soraypampa (3850 m.a.s.l) the first section of the path are paved rock trail there are the old water channel still supply to new habitants, the begin is 8 km in 3 hours to Soraypampa in this place we will have our lunch, after lunch, we will continue hiking uphill to Humantay lake (4200 masl) 3 km in 2 hours round trip, once at the lake you have time for photographing and explore the area. Afterwards we will walk back to Soraypampa where we will take our bus that will take us back to Cusco.
- Transportations from Cusco to the trail head
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation from Soraypampa to Cusco
- Entrance ticket
- Walking Sticks: you can hire from our company
- Tips for the wranglers and guides
WHAT TO BRING
- A small backpack.
- Copy of your passport.
- Good team trek, such as hiking boots, scarf, polar or thermal clothing, gloves, fleece warm hat and wool socks.
- Waterproof pants and jacket for the cold
- T-shirts and long sleeve sweaters
- Poncho Rain
- Sun hat
- Camera and films
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks and TIPS.
List of objects to take to the Trek.
This tour leaves every day of the year.
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ --.00 3 - 4 $ --.00 5 - 7 $ --.00 8 - More $ --.00
Get On Touch