SACRED VALLEY TOUR FULL DAY
- DETAILLS -
The Sacred Valley is a wonderful place of picturesque communities, impressive terraces, archaeological sites of great importance and mountain scenery. Dominated by the stunning peaks of the Cordillera Vilcanota, the valley has been, since Inca times, the agricultural pantry of Cusco. On this tour you can explore the Inca ruins of Pisac, Ollantaytambo and the town of Chinchero.
The Sacred Valley of the Incas, in the Andes of Cusco, is made up of numerous rivers that descend by ravines and small valleys pruduct from the melting of the great glasers; It has numerous archaeological monuments and Andean towns. This valley was very appreciated by the Incas due to its special geographical and climatic qualities. It was one of the main production points for the wealth of its lands and the place where the best corn grain in Peru is produced.
The Sacred Valley (2850 meters), in the Peruvian Andes, is composed of numerous rivers flowing through canyons and valleys. It has numerous archaeological monuments and Andean villages.
The Sacred Valley was very appreciated by the Incas due to its special geographical and climatic qualities.
It was one of the main points of production due to the richness of its land, it’s currently the place where the best maize in Peru is produced.
In this valley we can see beautiful colonial towns, which now show its mix of architecture, art and living culture.
SACRED VALLEY TOUR
This tour begins with pick up from your hotel at approximately 08:15 h in order to board the tourist bus to take us to the various attractions of the Sacred Valley.
After picking you up, we will stop at Qorao Market, where you can see and buy beautiful works made by local craftsmen. Then we will go to the viewpoint of the Sacred Valley; there we can take great pictures of the Andes and the Sacred Valley itself. Then the bus will take us to the town of Pisac to visit the local market and the archaeological complex of Pisac, after visiting this wonderful place we’ll go to the town of Urubamba in this place we will have buffet lunch in a tourist restaurant. After the delicious lunch we head to the town of Ollantaytambo; which was built to monitor and protect the empire from possible invasion. Afterwards you’ll have some time to walk along the streets of this town and thus have a better idea of what life religion and traditions were like in this place during the period of the Incas. On the way to Cusco we’ll visit the picturesque town of Chinchero where we will see the remains of the royal house of Tupac Inca Yupanqui, the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the front gate (this place was built on the foundations of an Inca construction). We can also admire the well-preserved Inca walls in the main square of the town.
Finally, we return to the city of Cusco, arriving at around 18:30 h.
- Official tour guide fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua
- The entrance fees to the archaeological sites are not included. Please note that you will need to purchase a tourist pass to enter the sites on this tour. You can purchase a partial tourist pass for S/. 70 soles (about $25 USD) if you plan to tour only the sites in the Sacred Valley during your trip. However, if you plan to visit sites in both the Sacred Valley and Cusco, we recommend you purchase the full tourist pass for S/. 130 soles (about $45 USD). It is not necessary to purchase the tourist pass in advance, as you can get it at the first site we visit on the tour.
- Lunch: We will stop in Urubamba for a traditional lunch at a local restaurant. If you prefer another location, please feel free to tell your guide. This meal is not included in your tour cost.
- Tip for your guide and drive.
WHAT TO BRING
- Good sneakers or light hiking boots
- A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings
- Comfortable clothing
- Money for the tourist pass and Qoricancha entrance ticket
- Rain gear
- Water and snacks
List of objects to take to the tour.
This tour leaves every day of the year.
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ 80.00 3 - 4 $ 70.00 5 - 7 $ 60.00 8 - More $ 40.00
Get On Touch