CUSCO EXPRESS TOUR 3 DAYS
- DETAILLS -
Avoid the pressure of time by doing Cusco And Machu Picchu 3 Days tour, you will visit City of Cusco and the majestic Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and its natural environment. This tour will help you enjoy and perceive all the energy and strength that the most important place of the Inca civilization contains, this tour starts and ends at your hotel in Cusco.
In Peru and in South America, there are few places that offer you magic and the special connection with nature and archeology. The first step in Machu Picchu, you feel that it is a true wonder. One of the most important reasons to realize how impressive nature and the apus were at the time of making their constructions. Nature and history together to surprise us It was a place that was kept hidden from the view of the Spaniards, so it was an untouched wonder until Hiram Bingham arrived and told the world that here in Cusco, was the most important architectural work of the Incas.
Cusco was once the capital of the Inca Empire and one of the most important cities of the Viceroyalty of Peru.
The city of Cusco currently holds many titles that have been attributed due to its history, archeology, anthropology and architecture:
- Cusco Cultural Heritage.
- Cusco Archaeological Capital of America.
- Cusco Historical Capital of Peru.
- Cusco Navel of the World.
During the Viceroyalty big houses, stunning churches and convents were built upon Inca foundations, such constructions have magnificent works of art inside.
Machu Picchu is one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, Heritage of Humanity, Historical Sanctuary of Peru and probably the most important archaeological site in Latin America.
Machu Picchu es majestic architecture comprises 140 structures throughout the citadel.
Machu Picchu was built by the Inca Pachacutec around the year 1460.
After being forgotten, it was only in 1911 that the American Hiram Bingham reached Machu Picchu on an expedition and spread the site worldwide.
Its main buildings of Machu Picchu are the Intihuatana, the Temple of the Sun and the Temple of the Three Windows.
In 1913 it received worldwide attention when the National Geographic Society dedicated its entire print run in April to the newly rediscovered city.
DAY 1: CUSCO - CITY TOUR:
This day will begin with a welcome at the airport or bus terminal, then transfer to the hostel or Hotel, we chose for you, then you will have the rest of the morning to rest and acclimatize. At 1:30 pm. we will pick you up at your hotel for the City Tour, we will begin the tour visiting the QORICANCHA; or Convent of Santo Domingo. Then we’ll visit the Archaeological Complexes that are close to the city of Cusco, starting with the impressive fortress of Sacsayhuaman; here we can see the cyclopean constructions and have a panoramic view of Cusco, then we head to Q'ENQO where we will see high precision carving into the rock, then we head to PUKAPUKARA; there we can see part of the Inca trail, finally we visit TAMBOMACHAY; This site was designed basically for the performance of ceremonies and water purification.
The tour will end at approximately 6:30 pm.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU:
We will pick you up at your hotel 2 hours before the departure of your train, and take you to the train station, located in the town of Ollantaytambo, here we take the train and begin the journey from Ollantaytambo to the village of Aguas Calientes which lasts two hours, where our guide will be waiting, with the guide we will go to the bus station, where we’ll board the bus that will take us to the wonderful citadel of" Machu Picchu ". On reaching the Citadel, we begin our guided tour, visiting the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Cemeteries, Intihuatana, the Royal Quarters, and the Temple of the Three Windows etc. approximately more than two hours. Then you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel, then we descend to the town of Aguas Calientes by bus, where you can you have lunch at one of several restaurants in Aguas Calientes or if you wish at Sanctuary Lodge. (Lunch is on you).
At 6:30 pm, we take the train that will take us back to Ollantaytambo. This trip takes about two hours; therefore, at 8:20 pm, we will take the bus to take us back to Cusco; we’ll arrive in Cusco at approximately 10:30 pm.
DAY 3: FAREWELL:
This day according to the departure time of your travel ticket, we will coordinate with you the time of your pickup and then transfer either to the Bus station or to the airport to return to your hometown.
- Round trip transfers between airport or Bus station and hotel or Hostel (Cusco)
- Round trip transfers between hotel or Hostel and train station
- Round trip train tickets between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes
- Round trip bus tickets between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu
- Ground transportation for scheduled tours
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu & all scheduled attractions (except Cusco Cathedral)
- English speaking guide for all scheduled tours
- Accommodations 2 nights in Cusco (breakfast included)
- Entrance to the Cusco Cathedral (25 Peruvian Soles)
- International and domestic flights
- Airport taxes
- Excess baggage
- Additional nights for bad weather o flight cancellation
- Alcoholic drinks, soda or bottled mineral water
- Hotel and train upgrades are available upon request
- Personal expenses
- National or international calls
- Travel Insurance
- Tips (the amount you tip (or if you tip) is a personal decision and it is NOT an obligation.
WHAT TO BRING
- Use sneakers or jogging shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Wear waterproof clothing during the rainy season.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Swimsuit, shorts, towel and sandals, if you want to visit the thermal baths
- Flashlight, should you decide to go up to Machu Picchu at dawn.
- A rain poncho.
- Long pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Medication and / or personal items.
- A light backpack per person.
- Camera or camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins dollars, euros or soles.
List of objects to take to the tour.
This tour leaves every day of the year.
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ --.00 3 - 4 $ --.00 5 - 7 $ --.00 8 - More $ --.00
Get On Touch