INCA TRAIL SHORT 2 DAYS
- DETAILLS -
Inca Trail Short is ideal for those who do not have much time and do not want to miss this wonderful adventure. We give you the chance to do it in just 2 days and 1 night, starting in Cusco, we will go to Km 104 where we start our trek that will take us to the Inca city of Machu Picchu. The environment and history will surprise us in every step we take along this segment of the trail.
Starting Altitude – 2100m / 6900ft.
Highest Altitude – 2730m / 8,792ft.
Walking Distance – 10km / 6.3 miles
Accomodation – Hostal
Overall Difficulty - Changing
STARTING POINT: - Cusco at your hotel
Huayna Picchu is about 2,700 meters. It is a well-preserved Inca city near the Inca Trail that leads to Machu Picchu.
Intipunku was and remains the main entrance to Machu Picchu on the Inca Trail.
Machu Picchu is one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, Heritage of Humanity, Historical Sanctuary of Peru and probably the most important archaeological site in Latin America.
Machu Picchu is majestic architecture comprises 140 structures throughout the citadel.
Machu Picchu is was built by the Inca Pachacutec around the year 1460
After being forgotten, it was only in 1911 that the American Hiram Bingham reached Machu Picchu on an expedition and spread the site worldwide.
- Day 1: CUSCO - KM 104 - MACHU PICCHU.
- DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
DAY 1: CUSCO - KM 104 - MACHU PICCHU.
At 06:00 am. We will pick you up at your hotel to go to the train station in Ollantaytambo; then we get the train to take us to the km 104; this will be the starting point of the short version of the Inca trail to the citadel of Machu Picchu. We start the walk uphill for an average of four hours to reach the archaeological complex of Wiñaywayna, where we enjoy our box lunch (lunch on the way); we will have some free time to relax and enjoy the wonderful scenery. After a well-deserved rest, we will continue with the walk, we head to the site called Inti Punku or Puerta del Sol, where we will enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World. We’ll finish the adventure of the first day by following the path towards the exit door of the citadel, where we take the bus down to Aguas Calientes, located at the foot of the citadel. We have dinner and spend the night at a hotel in town.
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
After an early breakfast at the hotel, we will take the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, upon arrival at the Citadel we can appreciate the enigmatic beauty and the incomparable example of architectural perfection and hydraulics of one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, we will have a guided tour of about 2 hours, where we can appreciate the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, Intihuatana, The Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and the Cemetery, you are then given free time to stroll around the citadel . You will have all morning in Machu Picchu to take pictures, maybe to climb the Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, enjoy this mystical place. Then we´ll descend by bus to Aguas Calientes for lunch and then calmly return by train to Ollantaytambo where our tourist transport to the city of Cusco will be expecting us, and will later transfer you to your hotel.
Climb up Huayna Picchu and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from there (We recommend that you book in advance) Not Included
Climb Machu Picchu Mountain and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from there (We recommend that you book in advance) Not Included
Visit the new local museum or the hot springs in Aguas Calientes later in the day. Not Included
- Meals: Breakfast
- Tour: 2 hour guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Pick-up from your hotel on your departure: touristic private transport from your hotel to the train station
- Entrance tickets to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Professional English / Spanish guide for entire tour
- Assistant or second guide when there are groups over 8
- Water bottle and Box lunch in Wiñayhuayna
- Vegetarian meals at no extra charge (also allergy-related menus can be accommodated)
- Visit the following Inca archaeological sites (Kanabamba, Wiñay Wayna, Sungate & Machu Picchu)
- Bus tickets down to Aguas Calientes town
- 1 night Hostel in Aguas Calientes town.
- 1 dinner in Aguas Calientes on the first day
- Breakfast on the second day at Hostel
- Second bus tickets Aguas Calientes /Machu Picchu/ Aguas Calientes
- 2 hour private guided tour by your English speaking tour guide (plenty of free time to enjoy Machu Picchu on your own)
- Tourism class train ticket until km 104 (Chachabamba)
- Return ticket in Touristic class train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- First Aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Transport from ollantaytambo - your Hotel in Cusco
- All local taxes
- Breakfast on the first day
- Final lunch and dinner in “Aguas Calientes”.
- Huayna Picchu (US$25.00) or Machu Picchu Mountain (US$20.00) – if you want it
- Walking Sticks: you can hire from our company
- Extra porter (Extra porters available to carry up to 22 Pounds)
- Entrance tickets to Hot Springs
- Travel Insurance
- Optional up – grades (train and hotel)
- Tips (the amount you tip (or if you tip) is a personal decision and it is NOT an obligation.
WHAT TO BRING
- A backpack
- A beanie hat or ear warmer
- Sun hat
- A mid weight sweater
- A longsleeve t-shirt
- 1 – 2 t-shirts
- A lightweight suater or vest
- A pair of long pants
- Hiking shoes
- An extra pair of shoe
- 2 – 3 pairs wool socks
- A jacket
- A small towel
- Rain gear
- 1 – 2 pair shorts
- A small headlamp
- A toothbrust and other personal toiletries
- Toilet paiper
- Sun cream
- Insect repelent
- Camera and film
- Original passport (International Student Identity Card “ISIC” if applicable)
- Extra money for drinks.
- Emergency money at least 300-450 extra soles (USD$ 220)
List of objects to take to the trek.
This walk is only available from March to January
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ --.00 3 - 4 $ --.00 5 - 7 $ --.00 8 - More $ --.00
“This trek to Machu Picchu is available from March to January provided we have a minimum of 2 hikers”
Get On Touch