LARES TREK VIA PATACANCHA - WILLOQ 4 DAYS
- DETAILLS -
This route of Lares Trek Via Patacancha and Willoq starts at the hot springs of Lares, then passes through Quechua communities and beautiful lakes and Snowy mountains of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. You will also have the chance to visit Ollantaytambo town, to see the beautiful Ruins of the town before taking the train that will take you to Aguas Calientes to visit the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu.
This route offers a unique experience, an tourism route that gives us an unforgettable experience in the heights of the Sacred Valley. In the Lares Valley besides enjoying beautiful scenery you can enjoy a beautiful experience living with the local people, who will receive us with open arms showing the most beautiful thing about this place ... its "simplicity". On this route you can also enjoy the medicinal thermal baths, appreciate andean lagoons, snow-covered mountain passes and finally visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
This alternative trek is one of the best opportunities to see the Mountain range of Urubamba, interact with the communities living in this area, walk around the woods of Queuñas and relax in the famous thermal baths of the town of Lares, as a good way to recharge batteries. To finish the tour we will visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Starting Altitude - 2900m / 11151ft.
- Highest Altitude - 4550m / 14927 ft
- Walking Distance - 32 km / 19 miles
- Longest Day - Day 2, approximately 14 km / 8.6 miles
- Overall Difficulty - Moderate - Difficult
In the thermal baths of Lares there are 6 large swimming pools at different temperatures between 36 and 44 °C, you can choose to relax quietly, they are ideal for treating bone and gastrointestinal diseases.
Lares is surrounded by a mountain range that includes the Nevado Veronica (5900m high), the Sawasiray (5700m high), the Pitusiray and Chicon (5500m high). Small communities of Quechua-speaking farmers inhabit this recently-explored territory, who preserve their customs of herding llamas and alpacas, potato cultivation and textile production.
The recommended dates for traveling are the months from April to November with no rain in these months the climate is sunny, with a blue sky all day.
Machu Picchu is one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, Heritage of Humanity, Historical Sanctuary of Peru and probably the most important archaeological site in Latin America.
Machu Picchu is majestic architecture comprises 140 structures throughout the citadel.
Machu Picchu is was built by the Inca Pachacutec around the year 1460
After being forgotten, it was only in 1911 that the American Hiram Bingham reached Machu Picchu on an expedition and spread the site worldwide.
- Day 1: CUSCO - CALCA - LARES – HUACAWASI
- Day 2: HUACAWASI – PATACANCHA
- Day 3: PATACANCHA - WILLOQ - OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES
- Day 4: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
DAY 1: CUSCO - CALCA - LARES – HUACAWASI
This tour begins with pickup from your hotel between 07:00 and 08:00 in the morning to go to the town of Lares. We’ll go down a paved road through the Sacred Valley to the town of Calca, from Calca we’ll continue ascending on winding Andean unpaved roads which will give us fabulous views of the majestic Peruvian highlands. This last stretch is traveled to the town of Lares to enjoy the hot springs. After bathing in the relaxing thermal pools (optional) we’ll have the welcome lunch gourmet style. And then we head to the first campsite in Huacawasi, where we will have dinner and spend the night.
DAY 2: HUACAWASI – PATACANCHA.
After breakfast, we start the walk going to our second campsite, this day started early as we climb up to the Abra of Ipsay, in the passage we will appreciate different rural communities, with different customs and the villagers weave textiles for daily use.
We reach the lagoon Ipsaycocha where we will have lunch, after a nap we continue to the town of Patacancha where we spend the second night.
DAY 3: PATACANCHA - WILLOQ - OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES.
After breakfast, we begin our trek down to reach the Willoc community, where we have lunch, after lunch we head to Pumamarca to board the bus to take us to Ollantaytambo. In that place we will appreciate the archaeological complex. Then we head to Ollantaytambo train station, where we board the train that will take us to Aguas Calientes. There we will have dinner and spend the night at the accomodation selected for you.
Day 4: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
After an early breakfast at the hotel, we walk uphill to Machu Picchu at 5:00 am. or take the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (Optional bus $16 each way), upon arrival at the Citadel we can appreciate the enigmatic beauty and the incomparable example of architectural perfection and hydraulics of one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, we will have a guided tour of about 2 hours, where we can appreciate the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, Intihuatana, The Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and the Cemetery, you are then given free time to stroll around the citadel . You will have all morning in Machu Picchu to take pictures, maybe to climb the Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, enjoy this mystical place. Then we´ll descend by bus to Aguas Calientes for lunch and then calmly return by train to Ollantaytambo where our tourist transport to the city of Cusco will be expecting us, and will later transfer you to your hotel.
Climb up Huayna Picchu and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from there (We recommend that you book in advance) Not Included
Climb Machu Picchu Mountain and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from there (We recommend that you book in advance) Not Included
Visit the new local museum or the hot springs in Aguas Calientes later in the day. Not Included
- Meals: Breakfast
- Tour: 2 hour guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Pre-departure briefing at your hotel.
- Tourist transport Cusco - Calca – Lares.
- Transport Pumamarca – Ollantaytambo.
- Backpacker Train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes.
- Backpacker Train Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo (subject to availability)
- Transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Entrance to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- Professional tourist guides (English / Spanish). 02 guides for groups over 9 people.
- Camping equipment: tents, inflatable mattresses, dining tent, kitchen; tables, chairs, tablecloths.
- First-aid kit and oxygen.
- Horsemen and porters (support team) also mules to transport food, camping equipment and personal luggage of passengers.
- Luggage 6 kilos per person.
- 1-2 emergency horses depending on group size.
- Meals mentioned in the program: 03 breakfasts, 03 lunches, 03 dinners.
- One night accommodation in Aguas Caliemntes.
- Huayna Picchu (US$25.00) or Machu Picchu Mountain (US$20.00) – if you want it
- Sleeping bag
- Day 1: Breakfast
- Lunch and Dinner on the last day
- Walking Sticks: you can hire from our company
- Inflatable mattresses
- Travel Insurance
- Tips: Please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish
WHAT TO BRING
- Zapatos de trekking.
- Ropa abrigadora para la noche.
- Poncho de plástico para la lluvia.
- Ropa impermeable en caso de lluvia.
- Gorra o Sombrero.
- Pantalones largos, no recomendamos llevar jeans.
- 4 o 5 polos.
- 1 o 2 Pequeñas toallas.
- Papel higiénico, pañuelos.
- Desinfectantes de manos.
- Bloqueador Solar.
- Repelente para insectos.
- Medicina y/o artículos de uso personal.
- Snacks: galletas, barritas energéticas, chocolate, frutas, muesli, agua, etc.
- Botella de agua, usted debe de tomar mucha agua en la caminata.
- Tabletas purificadoras.
- Pasaporte original (para el Control de ingreso a Machu Picchu).
- Carnet de estudiante (ISIC - % Descuento) si es el caso.
- Tener a la mano cheques y monedas en pequeñas denominaciones dolares, euros o soles.
- Bastones de caminata.
- Bolsa de dormir/sleeping
- Cámara fotográfica o filmadora.
List of objects to take to the trek.
OUR PRICE 2018:
This walk leaves every day of the year.
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ 650.00 3 - 4 $ 610.00 5 - 7 $ 570.00 8 - More $ 540.00
“This Trek to Machu Picchu is available on any date that is best suited for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers”
Get On Touch