LARES TREK VIA QUISHUARANI - HUARAN 5 DAYS
- DETAILLS -
Our Lares Trek Via Quishuarani And Huaran starts at the hot springs of Lares, then passes through of beautiful lakes and local Quechua communities of farmers and weavers that have still traditional lifestyles in the mountains. You will also have the chance to visit Ollantaytambo town, to see the beautiful Ruins of the town before taking the train that will take you to Aguas Calientes.
This route offers a unique experience, an tourism route that gives us an unforgettable experience in the heights of the Sacred Valley. In the Lares Valley besides enjoying beautiful scenery you can enjoy a beautiful experience living with the local people, who will receive us with open arms showing the most beautiful thing about this place ... its "simplicity". On this route you can also enjoy the medicinal thermal baths, appreciate andean lagoons, snow-covered mountain passes and finally visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
This alternative trek is one of the best opportunities to see the Mountain range of Urubamba, interact with the communities living in this area, walk around the woods of Queuñas and relax in the famous thermal baths of the town of Lares, as a good way to recharge batteries. To finish the tour we will visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Starting Altitude - 2900m / 11151ft.
- Highest Altitude - 4780m / 15,682 ft
- Walking Distance - 34 km / 21 miles
- Longest Day - Day 1, approximately 14km / 8.7 miles
- Overall Difficulty - Moderate - Difficult
In the thermal baths of Lares there are 6 large swimming pools at different temperatures between 36 and 44 °C, you can choose to relax quietly, they are ideal for treating bone and gastrointestinal diseases.
Lares is surrounded by a mountain range that includes the Nevado Veronica (5900m high), the Sawasiray (5700m high), the Pitusiray and Chicon (5500m high). Small communities of Quechua-speaking farmers inhabit this recently-explored territory, who preserve their customs of herding llamas and alpacas, potato cultivation and textile production.
The recommended dates for traveling are the months from April to November with no rain in these months the climate is sunny, with a blue sky all day.
Machu Picchu is one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, Heritage of Humanity, Historical Sanctuary of Peru and probably the most important archaeological site in Latin America.
Machu Picchu is majestic architecture comprises 140 structures throughout the citadel.
Machu Picchu is was built by the Inca Pachacutec around the year 1460
After being forgotten, it was only in 1911 that the American Hiram Bingham reached Machu Picchu on an expedition and spread the site worldwide.
- DAY 1: CUSCO – LARES HOT SPRINGS – CUNCANI
- DAY 2: CUNCANI – QUISWARANI- COCHAPATA LAKE
- DAY 3: COCHAPATA LAKE – PACHACUTEC PASS – CANCHACANCHA
- DAY 4: CANCHACANCHA – HUARAN – OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES
- DAY 5: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
DAY 1: CUSCO – LARES HOT SPRINGS – CUNCANI
Early in the morning we are going pick you up from your hotel (5: 00 am) to start our car drive and passing by the impressive Inca site of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara then to go into the majestic sacred valley from where we are going to appreciate some snow-capped mountains such as Sawasiray and Pitusiray and we stop in the small town of Calca where you have the chance to explore the local market to have an idea how is the daily life of the people who live in the sacred valley. Afterwards we still drive to famous Lares hot springs. Once there you can enjoy the natural hot pools surrounded by the mountains and a river. After a hearty lunch we will pack up and start the hike to the village of Cuncani which takes approximately 4 hour. We start ascending gradually on the uphill path from 3300m 10826ft to 3800m 12467ft on the way we appreciate llamas and alpacas eating on the grassy hills, this type of landscape will be our company during the hike. After 4 hour of grueling but beautiful hike we reach to Cuncani village, where our tents will be set.
DAY 2: CUNCANI – QUISWARANI- COCHAPATA LAKE
The second day of our hike begins with a leisurely hike around the village of Cuncani. We’ll hike for about 3 hours uphill to the pass known as Abra Huillquiccasa at 4,200 m/13,779 ft. While we are heading to the second mountain pass at a moderate pace, we’ll enjoy awesome views of the mountains and the beautiful lakes that make the hike very nice in this part of the Sacred Valley of Incas. The area is noted for its spectacular glacial lakes, Condors, llamas, alpacas and Viscachas that sometimes they are very close to the trekkers. After the pass we will go downhill to the place where we will have lunch is going be next to a crystal clear lake, while you enjoy the lake we will have a short break. The rest of the hike is 2 hour downhill to the campsite where we have our tents set and we have warm dinner.
DAY 3: COCHAPATA LAKE – PACHACUTEC PASS – CANCHACANCHA
After breakfast, we will leave our campsite at 7:00 am, our hike will be pleasant walking across stone houses, the views will be stupendous as we head out and begin our gradual ascent to the highest point of the Lares trek, the Abra Pachacutec at 4,460 m/14,632 ft. Near the top we are rewarded with views of the snow-caped peaks of Pitusiray 5750m 18864ft and Chicon 5500m 18044ft at the top we stop for a while to do an small offering to the Andean gods at what is called an apacheta. The path continues for an hour along a narrow barren ridge before dropping down into the beautiful brilliant glacial lakes, Suirococha and Yuraccocha Where we enjoy our delicious lunch. In the afternoon 2 hour downhill hike to Canchacancha village the area is very interesting full of potato plantations on the hillside of the village. We camp at the base of amazing snow-capped mountains.
DAY 4: CANCHACANCHA – HUARAN – OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES
After our nutritious breakfast we we will start with our downhill walk to part of the sacred valley of the Incas which is flanked by steep mountains. We pass through pretty farmland while following a small river down through the mountain trail. The hike takes about 3 hour downhill to Huaran village where we have our lunch made with local ingredients such as organic potatoes, vegetables, etc. afterwards we catch a private van to Ollantaytambo train station to catch the train to Aguas Calientes town 1.5 hour train ride we get to Aguas Calientes town then we go to the accommodation to take shower and relaxing at the hotel and in the evening to enjoy the delicious dinner at the restaurant in town.
DAY 5: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
After an early breakfast at the hotel, we walk uphill to Machu Picchu at 5:00 am. or take the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (Optional bus $16 each way), upon arrival at the Citadel we can appreciate the enigmatic beauty and the incomparable example of architectural perfection and hydraulics of one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, we will have a guided tour of about 2 hours, where we can appreciate the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, Intihuatana, The Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and the Cemetery, you are then given free time to stroll around the citadel . You will have all morning in Machu Picchu to take pictures, maybe to climb the Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, enjoy this mystical place. Then we´ll descend by bus to Aguas Calientes for lunch and then calmly return by train to Ollantaytambo where our tourist transport to the city of Cusco will be expecting us, and will later transfer you to your hotel.
Climb up Huayna Picchu and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from there (We recommend that you book in advance) Not Included
Climb Machu Picchu Mountain and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from there (We recommend that you book in advance) Not Included
Visit the new local museum or the hot springs in Aguas Calientes later in the day. Not Included
- Meals: Breakfast
- Tour: 2 hour guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Pre-departure briefing at your hotel.
- Tourist transport Cusco – Lares.
- Transport Huaran - Ollantaytambo.
- Backpacker Train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes (subject to availability).
- Backpacker Train Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo (subject to availability)
- Transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Entrance to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- Professional tourist guides (English / Spanish). 02 guides for groups over 9 people.
- Camping equipment: tents, inflatable mattresses, dining tent, kitchen; tables, chairs, tablecloths.
- First-aid kit and oxygen.
- Horsemen and porters (support team) also mules to transport food, camping equipment and personal luggage of passengers.
- Luggage 6 kilos per person.
- 1-2 emergency horses depending on group size.
- Meals mentioned in the program: 04 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 04 dinners.
- One night accommodation in Aguas Caliemntes.
- Huayna Picchu (US$25.00) or Machu Picchu Mountain (US$20.00) – if you want it
- Sleeping bag
- Entrance to the hot springs in Lares
- Day 1: Breakfast
- Lunch and Dinner on the last day
- Walking Sticks: you can hire from our company
- Inflatable mattresses
- Travel Insurance
- Tips: Please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish
WHAT TO BRING
- Zapatos de trekking.
- Ropa abrigadora para la noche.
- Poncho de plástico para la lluvia.
- Ropa impermeable en caso de lluvia.
- Gorra o Sombrero.
- Pantalones largos, no recomendamos llevar jeans.
- 4 o 5 polos.
- 1 o 2 Pequeñas toallas.
- Papel higiénico, pañuelos.
- Desinfectantes de manos.
- Bloqueador Solar.
- Repelente para insectos.
- Medicina y/o artículos de uso personal.
- Snacks: galletas, barritas energéticas, chocolate, frutas, muesli, agua, etc.
- Botella de agua, usted debe de tomar mucha agua en la caminata.
- Tabletas purificadoras.
- Pasaporte original (para el Control de ingreso a Machu Picchu).
- Carnet de estudiante (ISIC - % Descuento) si es el caso.
- Tener a la mano cheques y monedas en pequeñas denominaciones dolares, euros o soles.
- Bastones de caminata.
- Bolsa de dormir/sleeping
- Cámara fotográfica o filmadora.
List of objects to take to the trek.
This walk leaves every day of the year.
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ 700.00 3 - 4 $ 670.00 5 - 7 $ 640.00 8 - More $ 610.00
“This Trek to Machu Picchu is available on any date that is best suited for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers”
Get On Touch